MOT: the importance of regular servicing
All cars over 3 years old are required to have a MOT test and having your car regularly serviced helps increase its chances of passing its MOT first time. Fiat has prepared a service schedule which is designed to safeguard the operating conditions and efficiencies inbuilt during manufacture. Following the service schedule not only allows for the performance, fuel consumption and environmental standards to be retained throughout the life of your car but also ensures your vehicle is maintained in the correct condition to help it pass its MOT test.
Why MOT your car with us?
- Our authorised Fiat Dealership has modern fully equipped workshops staffed by Fiat Trained technicians with the expertise to maintain your car to the highest possible standards.
- Convenience - If you need any work carried out on your Fiat or any routine services, then coincide this with your MOT at your local Fiat Dealer to save yourself time.
- You have the satisfaction of knowing that any parts required will automatically receive a Fiat 12 months unlimited mileage parts and labour European wide warranty.
- Your local Fiat dealer is the best place to take your Fiat for its annual MOT. Our technicians ensure it is completed to the highest standard and if any repairs are required they can be identified quickly using the latest diagnostic equipment, saving time and money.
Inspections and checks are carried out on the following parts of the vehicle during an MOT Test:
- Registration plates and Vehicle Identification Number
- Steering - steering wheel and steering column, under vehicle checks and under bonnet checks
- Bonnet, boot/tailgate catch
- Vehicle Structure - corrosion and body condition and security
- Brakes - Inside the car, footbrake, parking brake, under bonnet checks, under vehicle checks and brake performance check
- Windscreen - wipers and washers
- Suspension - under bonnet checks, under vehicle checks for front and rear suspension
- Seat belts
- Exhaust system
- Fuel system
- Tyres and road wheels - Check condition of tread and side walls
If you would like more information or would like to book your Fiat in for a Service or MOT please ask at Service Reception today.